And that is the vision with which I set up Snehadhara Foundation. Snehadhara’s inception in 2012 was aimed at looking at innovatively using Arts Based Therapy (ABT) for learning. The motivation was to explore a significant train of thought from an action project to a long-term sustainable practice. The pioneering attempt was to look at interventions with an integrated, holistic approach to address the various learning, therapeutic and social inclusion needs of children/adults across special needs groups.
My journey has been to look at pioneering effective ways to bridge developmental deficits in the space of education, and weave inclusion into the mainstream world. I have always been clear about wanting to spend time with children with special needs, learn of a world that does not discriminate, a people who love you for who you are and not what you do; who are not quick to judge, but rather quick to embrace.
To create is to live. And to live is to create.
That is the magic of the Arts.
You don’t need to be a celebrity; you need to be a celebrator of life.
I am grateful to my mentors and my teachers, as well as the recognitions and accolades, which we’ve received, that has helped people to take note of what I do and what we can all do together.
The awards and accolades to my credit is a testimony of the work been recognized in various platforms internationally.
To mention a few:
- Awardee of the Millennium Alliance Global Award 2020 which takes the innovation 'Kala Samvaad - Arts Practices for Inclusion' to Nepal.
- Been awarded the 2nd Creative Art Therapy Award 2020 in recognition of her outstanding contribution to the field of Art Therapy by the Sancheti Healthcare Academy as a recognition to the silent heroes who have done exemplary and exceptional work in the field of Creative Art Therapies.
- Been an ACTIVATEE speaker at the 45th International Association for Experiential Education (AEE) Conference in Montreal, 2017 and has also presented at the prestigious TEDx platform.
- Recipient of the NGO Leadership Awards 2017 and awarded as one among the 50 Most Impactful Social Innovators (Global Listing) by the World CSR Congress and Awards.
- One among two artists to be awarded the Artist’s Grant 2014 for the ‘Art in Education Program’ by the India Foundation for the Arts and the Artist’s Grant 2014 by India Foundation for the Arts.
- Recognized by Global Ethics Forum and Indian Institute of Management, for working towards establishing an impartial and fair world.
Waves lapping on the shore.
Skies on fire at sunset.
Old men dancing on the streets.
Paradox and possibility.
Sense and sensibility.
Cold logic and half truth.
Final steps and first impressions.
Fools and fine intelligence.
Chaos and clean horizons.
Vague notions and concrete certainty.
Optimism in the face of adversity.
I’m alive, I believe in everything
I’m alive, I believe in it all.
– Lesley Choyce